December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!


Christmas is my favorite day of the year.  Under all the presents, yummy food, and time with family and friends lies the real reason for Christmas.  It is the birth of my Savior!  My church choir sang a song last Sunday called "From the Manger to the Cross."  This song sums up the true meaning of Christmas.  Christians celebrate the birth of Christ, but if it was not for the Cross and the Resurrection, there would be no celebration.

During our Christmas Eve service, my pastor made reference to the movie Talladega Nights.  He talked about the Ricky Bobby's prayer to baby Jesus, and that he liked praying to the Christmas Jesus the best.  Believe me not the reference I thought would be mentioned during the Christmas Eve service.  But his point was that we tend to pray to different Jesus(s) - such as bail-out Jesus or convenient Jesus.  His sermon reminded me that (1) I do need to take more time for prayer and (2) that its okay to pray to the baby Jesus.  Because without his birth and without his sacrifice, I would not have eternal life.

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Holiday wrap-up to come shortly...

Soulfully,
Ashton
   

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo, I'm your first follower! I can tell your blog is going to be a little masterpiece! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love all your comments, they honestly make my day.