May 5, 2011

Guest Post: Sundresses and Smiles

Today's guest post is brought y'all by Allie over at Sundresses and Smiles.  I absolutely love her blog.  She is the sweetest thang!  She, herself, is wrapping up finals and was kind enough to guest post for me. I completely agree with her that if we knew each other in real life we would be good friends.  Allie has put together a great summer playlist.  She picked all these songs I have to confess I have all of them on my iTunes.  Summer songs are the best because they definitely take me back to wonderful memories with my friends and family.

via

Hello to all you Soulshine readers out there!  My name's Allie and I'm so glad to meet you!

I first discovered Soulshine after blogging for just a few days.  My first thought was-- "Why didn't I think of a cool title like that?" next came, "Let's face it Allie, you're not quite cool enough to pull off a title like Soulshine!"  Ashton, I have realized, however, is TOTALLY cool enough!  Since first finding her blog it has become one of my daily reads and I am confident that if Ashton and I knew each other in the "real world" we would be good friends!  That being said, when she asked me to guest post I was thrilled and quite flattered.

Then came my next thought...WHAT will I post about?  Well..I'm typing this now as a break from studying for finals.  What I want more than anything right about now is for it to be summer! Put me on a dock with a cool drink in my hand and I'd be in heaven right about now.  In my dreams about summer, I find myself listening to my favorite summer tunes over and over, and thought this would be the perfect place to share them. Isn't it funny how a song can completely transform you to a certain place or time?  I hope these get y'all as pumped for warm weather and freedom as I am!



"All Summer Long" by Kid Rock
This song makes me think of riding around with the windows down and music blasting!

"In the Summertime" by Mungo Jerry
I just think of splashing around at the beach when I hear this!

"Summer Girl" by Leighton Meester
I'm totally a summer girl!


"Ticks" by Brad Paisley
Brad Paisley is my dream man and this reminds me of his concert I attended 2 summers ago!

"Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett
Margaritas are one of my summer staples!

"Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves
This is my theme song for the summer with the kids I nanny.

"Everyday" by Dave Matthews Band
DMB is often played during my midnight boat rides with family and friends at Lake Gaston!

Hope you enjoyed these!  Please stop by my blog and say hi!  What's on your summer playlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love all your comments, they honestly make my day.