September 11, 2011

Never Forget

Today, above all days, we cherish the freedom that our country provides and stands for.  We honor those everyday heroes that serve our country so bravely.  May we never forget the sacrifices they make everyday to make this the greatest country in the world.  Many days go by without us thinking twice about the comforts and freedoms we enjoy.
Simple things like having six different options of toothpaste and watching a little league baseball game.  To the big things of higher education for women and the ability to buy a house.


Ten years ago, I was in my third period Freshman English class when I was told the WTC had been attacked by terrorists.  I juxtapose that with me sitting on my couch studying for my Business Associations exam when my roommate came down the stairs to say that Bin Laden had been killed.

"We will not tire, we will not falter, we will not fail." ~ George W. Bush, September 2001

"Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done." ~ George W. Bush, September 2001

May we never forget the tragedy and loss of innocent lives.  May we always honor those that have answered their call of duty to protect us.

"There is no question what the roll of honor in America is. The roll of honor consists of the names of men who have squared their conduct by ideals of duty." ~ Woodrow T. Wilson 

Soulfully,
Ashton

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love all your comments, they honestly make my day.