July 14, 2011

Southern Summer Nights

During the summer, it is rare for the weather forecast not to call for a little rain every day.  Living on the coast, it is something you become accustom to and learn to embrace it.  I, personally, love a good thunderstorm as long as I don't have to drive it.  I really love them when I can do this...

Watch the storm roll in off the ocean...


from a big porch...


while curled up in a hammock...


sipping on a cocktail/sweet tea...


and a good book in hand.



OHHhh! The simplicity of a southern summer night.


P.S. How do y'all like the new look?

Soulfully,
Ashton

4 comments:

  1. Love the new look! And, I love watching thunderstorms from a porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thunderstorms as well...simply because they break the heat...sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more--there's nothing like a good summer thunderstorm!

    Also, liking the fresh, new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title reminds me of "Maybe It Was Memphis" LOVE it!! and I agree, I love watching thunderstorms roll in off the ocean too...so mezmerizing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love all your comments, they honestly make my day.