August 25, 2011

As of Late...

via
This little baby has been neglected for a week and a half, now.  I am starting to get $hit from my best friend and my sister.  {Both of you can just lock it up!}

Well, it has been a busy week and a half, and it will not slow down until Monday.  The same day Jana and I launched The Belles of Saturday, I started classes for my third year of law school.  I have been adjusting to my new schedule and classes.  Last weekend, I was out of town for a school retreat.  This week has been about the same with several back to school meetings and so forth.  I will be in back in full force after today.  Let me give you a run down of my schedule...

Mondays & Wednesdays:
9:00-10:20 - Secured Transactions
It is all about borrowing money from a creditor with a item of collateral attached to ensure the loan in case the debtor defaults.
10:30-11:50 - Civil Tax Procedure
What to do when a client gets audited by the IRS and how to obtain a withheld tax return.
1:30-2:50 - Commercial Law
Contracts for the sale of goods.  A good is anything that is moveable at the time of the contract.
6:10-7:30 - Elder Law
The rights of the elderly - employment discrimination, health-care, estate planning, & nursing home care
I am tired just reading it.  All I want to do when I get out of class is go crawl in by bed - which I usually do.

Tuesdays & Thursdays
1:30-2:50 - Estate Planning
Making sure your client's monies go where they what them to go when they pass away.  Also, attempting to avoid the federal estate tax.
No these days are not bad, but since I have a full load on M/W, I am preparing for those classes on T/Th.

This quote was the Real Simple Thought of the Day earlier this week, and I thought it was very fitting for me these past two weeks.

"It is good to have end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters, not the end." ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Law school has always been the end goal for me, probably, since I was in middle school.  It bittersweet to see this part of my life coming to end this year.  I have had an amazing journey thus far, and I am looking forward to this year.  From my schedule, you can see I am not taking the easy way out for my final year.  I am taking the classes I am interested in, even though, they may be tougher.

I will be updating y'all on the more fun things going on in my life next week.  I am so grateful for the support each of you have soon Jana and I with our new blog adventure, The Belles of Saturday.  Football is truly a passion of mine and I am excited to share it with everyone.  Today, I am guest posting for Allie at Sundresses and Smiles.  I put together a Top Ten of Charleston.  Go check out my recommendations for the perfect Charleston trip.

Lastly, my heart is breaking for Pat Summit and the Lady Vols.  If you have not heard, Pat Summit, coach of the Lady Vols basketball team, has been diagnosed with dementia.  She is the winningest coach, male or female, in college basketball and she is also a fellow sister in Chi Omega.  I hate to see any mind be lost, but a mind like Pat Summit's is something that does not come around often.  I have read one of her books and she is truly inspiration and a great leader.

I hope all that are heading back to school right now are having a smooth transition.
Happy Thursday!

Soulfully,
Ashton

2 comments:

  1. Your guest post was fabulous! Thanks for taking the time to write it despite how busy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pat Summit stuff is so sad... it's so scary that she is so young.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love all your comments, they honestly make my day.