February 15, 2011

Emma Graham Designs


Have you ever had a dream of doing something that you thought was impossible or how in the world would I got about doing it?  Or being a young adult, you ponder what you will do when you "grow UP?"  How about throwing caution to the wind and starting your own clothing line?

Well, Emma and Jackie did just that!  Emma and I were sororities sisters at USC.  She was a fashion merchandising major.  Emma always looked fabulous when going out or just to class.  She even designed and made some pieces for herself and a few of our friends.

The summer after we graduated from college, she and Jackie launched Emma Graham Designs.  They started with two simple skirts and now have a full line of skirts, dresses, and tops.  They have retailers in 12 states across the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, and Puerto Rico.  They will be traveling this spring doing trunk shows at various universities and colleges.  Follow them on Facebook to see when they will be in your area.

Their line is fresh and clean, yet fun and colorful!  Many of their skirts and dresses can transition from day to night.  And, they can be dressed up for a special event or down for casual night with friends.  The different pieces are named after Emma's and Jackie's friends.  There are several things I want to get for this spring/summer season - i.e., Mary-Kate top, Kerry dress, and Kristen skirt.  I hope you see something you like and purchase it.  For those of you in South Carolina (or even NC or GA) these are perfect outfits for Cup.  If you are like me, I am constantly looking for new gameday outfits.  They will be tailoring their pieces to your school's colors in the fall in their Campus Collection.

Coincidentally, as I was planning on doing a post this week on Emma Graham, because their new website just launched...Summer Wind is having an Emma Graham giveaway.  When I saw her post yesterday morning, I got very excited.  She is giving a Dayna skirt to one lucky girl.



  

Lets just say, I would love to win this giveaway!  

Congratulations to Emma and Jackie on their growing and successful business!  I only see things getting bigger and better for these two.  I can't wait for them to come to Charleston for a trunk show.

Soulfully,
Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love all your comments, they honestly make my day.