February 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

Woo! It was a busy weekend.
First off, my hour drive home got turned into an almost two hour drive.  Highway 17 between Charleston and home is a treacherous stretch of road.  Thankfully, they are in the process of making it better.  But there was a horrible wreck with an eighteen-wheeler.  Luckily, no one was injured.  Nonetheless, I had to be detoured completely out of my way.

Then, it was prom dress shopping on Saturday.  I wish I had pictures of this place and the dress but they do  not allow photography! I couldn't find her exact dresses on-line, but this one is very similar.  She got the royal blue.  After trying on dress for three hours, we left with the first dress she tried on. Typical.



Saturday night, I meet a close friend from home for a movie and dinner.  We saw No Strings Attached.  It is hilariousssss! Like pee your pants funny.  If you have not seen, GO!  It is a great romantic comedy, heavy on the comedy.


Super Sunday! Way to go Pack!  
My friend Chris had a party providing food and bev for everyone, as long as you cheered for the Packers.  I was okay with that, because I don't have a "team" in the NFL.
Happy Fella!
Katie and I
Putting on the belt for the victory!
Aaron Rodgers putting on his belt.
via
Now, football is over until Saturday, September 3, 2011 when Carolina takes on East Carolina in Charlotte, NC. Sad day!

Now for my favorite part of the Super Bowl...the commercials.  Ever wonder what a waste of $20 million looks like, well you saw it last night with some of those car ads.  These would be my Top Five:











As for the halftime show, it was, eh, okay.  My favorite still is from 10 years ago with Aerosmith and N'Sync.  How about Christina's whoopss on the National Anthem?


What were your favorite commercials?  Thoughts on halftime?


Soulfully,
Ashton

3 comments:

  1. I said the same thing last night about NSYNC and Aerosmith. My favorite of all time. I actually watched in on YouTube instead of watching the autotuned disaster of Black Eyed Peas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. found you through legally fab's blog! I'm in the process of applying to law school, so I definitely love to follow fellow law schoolers... so i'm your newest follower! can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously, college football needs to hurry up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love all your comments, they honestly make my day.